All posts by Amanda Watson

Landowner Tree Mortality Assistance Program

ARCD currently has a reimbursement project under the Landowner Tree Mortality Program (LTMA). This project provides reimbursement to landowners to treat hazard trees. Funding for the project is provided by CALFIRE through the State Responsibility Area (SRA) funds.

A hazard tree is a tree that if it were to fall could damage an inhabited structure. 

Hazard Tree Treatment Reimbursement:  Landowners in the project area qualify for up to 50% reimbursement to treat dead/dying hazard trees on their property, with a maximum of $3000 reimbursement. The project area includes includes private properties located on timberland east of highway 49.

Reimbursement includes: felling of the hazard tree, treatment of the slash and removal of the timber from the property.  Trees that can be treated by the County or PG&E, because they could potentially damage County roads or PG&E power lines,  are not covered under this project.

Please see the Application and landowner information below for more details about the project and reimbursement.

Landowner Application Packet                                                                         Click document title to view and download

Please submit completed application and supporting document to:                                                                                            or by mail to:        Amador Resource Conservation District                                  12200 B Airport Road, Jackson CA  95642

Funding is awarded on a first come, first served basis.

Check out the County Tree Mortality Website for more Information on County-wide efforts.

SECP Trainings

Many members of the Sacramento/Amador Water Quality Alliance (SAWQA) are subject to the Sediment and Erosion Control Plan (SECP) Requirement under the Sacramento Valley Waste Discharge Order.

A SECP must be certified, irrigators can participate in a training to be able to self-certify.  SAWQA is offering several trainings to assist irrigators in being able to self-certify their own plans.

Upcoming Trainings:

Sacramento/Amador Water Quality Alliance Hosted Training

No trainings scheduled at this time.

There will be an online training available in Late February. Email to learn more information about this online certification opportunity.

What are my other SECP certification options?                                               If a member does not want to self-certify their own plan they can hire a professional to write and certify their SECP.  Under the Central Valley Regional Board’s Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program  a member can hire a qualified professional possessing one of the following registrations or certifications, and appropriate experience with erosion issues on irrigated agricultural lands (CA Registered Professionsal Civil Engineer (PE), CA Registered Professional Geologist or Engineering Geologist, CA Registered Professional Landscape Architect, Professional Hydrologist, Certified Soil Scientist (CPSS), Certified Professional in Erosion & Sediment Control (CPESC), Certified Professional in Storm Water Quality. Click here for a list of local qualified professionals.

Sediment & Erosion Control Plan Requirement

Members requiring a Sediment & Erosion Control Plan (SECP) for one or more of their parcels enrolled in Sacramento/Amador Water Quality Alliance (SAWQA) have been notified by mail.

SECPs are kept on your farm or in your office and not returned to SAWQA.

A SECP must be prepared in one of the following ways:

  • Be prepared and self-certified by the member who has completed a training (SAWQA is providing FREE training for members, Click here for more information on trainings)
  • Be written, amended and certified by a qualified professional possessing specific registrations or certifications, and appropriate experience with erosion issues on irrigated agricultural lands. Click here for a list of qualified professionals.
  • Adhere to site-specific recommendations from NRCS, RCD, UCCE

Why is my parcel listed as needing a SECP? Click Here to review the Risk Category Table; this table identifies the reasons why a parcel could be listed as needing an SECP.

  • If you have not turned in an Farm Evaluation Plan (FEP) or answered “YES” on FEP question A3 there is a possibility that returning your FEP could eliminate your SECP requirement. Review the Risk Category table for more information.

Questions?                                                                                                          Contact Jill Damskey  (209) 730-3150